Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Economy

Well, I went down to the bird fair today to restock on snacks and stuff for the AGP. It was noticeably less crowded, in terms of vendors, stock, and customers, than usual. It seemed small and listless. There were some beautiful birds for sale, including lots of "bonded pairs" and "proven breeders" compared to previous fairs. The vendor who makes the AGP's favorite snack food was not there.

I think the economy is hurting bird people.

The Birdfather is in bed today, and didn't get to go. I picked him up a cool t-shirt for his birthday this week. For the AGP, I brought back a bag of pumpkin seeds (her absolute favorite snack), a sack of mixed nuts (for very, very rare treats because of the fat content), a preening toy, a sack of dried bell pepper, and some Harrison's.

She knew I had food when I came in the door--she started saying "Mmm" right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment